Linear Systems (Money Problems)
- 1A vending machine that only accepts dimes and quarters contains 36 coins totaling \($7.20\). How many of each coin does the machine contain?
- 2Adeline has \($250.00\) made up of \($5.00\) and \($10.00\) bills. If there are 30 bills altogether, then how many of each type does she have?
- 3A car wash cleans cars for \($9.50\) each and trucks for \($15.00\) each. If there was a total of 75 vehicles, and the total cash collected was \($811.50\), then how many of each vehicle was washed?
- 4Ray has 5 more dimes than nickels. If the sum of the coins is \($3.05\), the how many of each coin does he have?
- 5Talia has twice as many dimes as quarters. All together they total \($5.85\). How many of each coin does she have?
- 6A school ordered a total of 95 math and science books for a total bill of \($8075.00\). If a math book costs \($75.00\), and a science book costs \($100.00\), how many of each text did the school order?
- 7A box contains 25 pencils and pens. If the pencils are worth \($1.00\) and the pens are worth \($2.00\), then how many of each are there if the total value of the pencils and pens is \($45.00\)?
- 8There are 8 more \($5.00\) bills than \($10.00\) bills. The value of the bills is \($310.00\). How many of each bill are there?
- 9Cecilia has twice as many nickels as quarters. She has a total of \($1.40\). How many of each coin does she have?
- 10Julia sold three times as many student tickets as adult tickets. She made a total of \($330.00\). If student tickets cost \($2.00\), and adult tickets cost \($5.00\), how many of each ticket did she sell?