This site uses flash for videos. If you're having trouble enabling it, click on the information icon in the address bar to change your settings to allow Flash.
Linear Systems (Money Problems)
- 1A vending machine that only accepts dimes and quarters contains 36 coins totaling \($7.20\). How many of each coin does the machine contain?
- 2Adeline has \($250.00\) made up of \($5.00\) and \($10.00\) bills. If there are 30 bills altogether, then how many of each type does she have?
- 3A car wash cleans cars for \($9.50\) each and trucks for \($15.00\) each. If there was a total of 75 vehicles, and the total cash collected was \($811.50\), then how many of each vehicle was washed?
- 4Ray has 5 more dimes than nickels. If the sum of the coins is \($3.05\), the how many of each coin does he have?
- 5Talia has twice as many dimes as quarters. All together they total \($5.85\). How many of each coin does she have?
- 6A school ordered a total of 95 math and science books for a total bill of \($8075.00\). If a math book costs \($75.00\), and a science book costs \($100.00\), how many of each text did the school order?
- 7A box contains 25 pencils and pens. If the pencils are worth \($1.00\) and the pens are worth \($2.00\), then how many of each are there if the total value of the pencils and pens is \($45.00\)?
- 8There are 8 more \($5.00\) bills than \($10.00\) bills. The value of the bills is \($310.00\). How many of each bill are there?
- 9Cecilia has twice as many nickels as quarters. She has a total of \($1.40\). How many of each coin does she have?
- 10Julia sold three times as many student tickets as adult tickets. She made a total of \($330.00\). If student tickets cost \($2.00\), and adult tickets cost \($5.00\), how many of each ticket did she sell?