This site uses flash for videos. If you're having trouble enabling it, click on the information icon in the address bar to change your settings to allow Flash.
Linear Systems (General Word Problems)
- 1The sum of two numbers is 250. Their difference is 74. Find the numbers.
- 2The sum of two numbers is 1388. When the smaller is subtracted from the larger, the result is 526. Find the numbers.
- 3Four times the larger of two numbers, decreased by two times the smaller is 22. Three times the larger, diminished by eight times the smaller is -3. Find the numbers.
- 4Nine times the mass of a golf ball is 12g more than the mass of a volleyball. The sum of their masses is 188g. Find the mass of each ball.
- 5The difference between two integers is 30. Two times the larger added to the smaller is -21. Find the integers.
- 6The sum of two numbers is 432. When two times the smaller is subtracted from the larger, the result is 99. Find the numbers.
- 7The mass of a truck is 2.5 times larger than a car. Six times the car’s mass is 400kg more than twice the mass of the truck. Find each mass.
- 8Seven times the larger of two integers reduced by two times the smaller, is 26. The sum of 3 times the larger and 4 times the smaller is -18. Find the numbers.
- 9The difference between three times the larger integer and four times the smaller is 17. If you subtract five times the smaller from four times the larger the result is 22. Find the numbers.
- 10The sum of two times the smaller number and three times the larger is 23. When two times the larger is subtracted from 5 times the smaller the result is 10. Find the numbers.