Word problems (Part 1) (Trigonometry)
- 1The sun is at an angle of elevation of 40°. A tree casts a shadow of 25m. How tall is the tree?
( Use trig ratios )
( trigonometry / trig )
- 2A 7m ladder leans against a wall at an angle of elevation of 35°. How high up the wall does the ladder reach?
- 3Emilie's tree house is 15m high. she looks at her brother Jeff at an angle of depression of 18°. How far is Jeff from the base of the tree?$$ $$ Good test question!
- 4Dennis, who is 2m tall, is standing 72m from a building. He observes that the angle of elevation to the top of the building is 30°. How high is the building?$$ $$ Good test question!
- 5Kaitlyn stands 43m from a tree. If she looks to the top of tree at an angle of 37°, find the height of the tree assuming Kaitlyn is 1.4m tall.
- 6A guy wire is a cable that helps stabilize a tower. If a guy wire, attached to the top of a tower makes an angle of 50° with the ground, and the tower is 45m high, how long is the guy wire?
- 7Ken is looking at a building that is 100m high. He is standing 68m away from the base of the building. What is the angle of elevation to the top of the building?
- 8If a kite string is 104m long and it is 75m above the ground, what is the angle of elevation of the string from the horizontal?
- 9In right triangle, $\bigtriangleup ABC$, angle C=90°, AB=19cm and AC=10cm. Find the measure of angle A.