This site uses flash for videos. If you're having trouble enabling it, click on the information icon in the address bar to change your settings to allow Flash.
Word problems (Part 1) (Trigonometry)
- 1The sun is at an angle of elevation of 40°. A tree casts a shadow of 25m. How tall is the tree?
( Use trig ratios )
( trigonometry / trig )
- 2A 7m ladder leans against a wall at an angle of elevation of 35°. How high up the wall does the ladder reach?
- 3Emilie's tree house is 15m high. she looks at her brother Jeff at an angle of depression of 18°. How far is Jeff from the base of the tree?$$ $$ Good test question!
- 4Dennis, who is 2m tall, is standing 72m from a building. He observes that the angle of elevation to the top of the building is 30°. How high is the building?$$ $$ Good test question!
- 5Kaitlyn stands 43m from a tree. If she looks to the top of tree at an angle of 37°, find the height of the tree assuming Kaitlyn is 1.4m tall.
- 6A guy wire is a cable that helps stabilize a tower. If a guy wire, attached to the top of a tower makes an angle of 50° with the ground, and the tower is 45m high, how long is the guy wire?
- 7Ken is looking at a building that is 100m high. He is standing 68m away from the base of the building. What is the angle of elevation to the top of the building?
- 8If a kite string is 104m long and it is 75m above the ground, what is the angle of elevation of the string from the horizontal?
- 9In right triangle, $\bigtriangleup ABC$, angle C=90°, AB=19cm and AC=10cm. Find the measure of angle A.